The long answer is absolutely not.
There are hundreds of overseas websites on the internet offering “cheap” drugs they claim are identical to the ones you’re paying more for here in Australia. But remember that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Here’s why:
- You have no way of knowing is the drugs you’re buying have the same or any of the active ingredients promised.
- Often the drugs are expired.
- There is no guarantee of the conditions in which the drugs were manufactured. They may be contaminated with toxic ingredients.
- The combination of unknown active ingredients may result in dangerous side effects.
- The drugs may be too strong or too weak which may have serious implications for your health.
- The drugs will not have received approval from Australia’s Therapeutic Goods Association (TGA) which guarantees a high standard of quality and safety
- You may lose your money.