The aim and purpose of this compounding service is to extend the professional service of community pharmacies and extend patient access to quality, compounded medications. To ensure that the compounding service meets Pharmacy Board, State Health & QCPP requirements it is important to follow the guidelines below. It is critical that the Patients interest is central to all considerations and decisions made.
By participating in the program, you are confirming that you agree to the below. If you do not follow the guidelines, your pharmacy will be removed from the Partner Program indefinitely.
If you are unsure of any of the follow points please contact our team on 1300 731 755 or email [email protected]
Conditions of the Program
- National Custom Compounding is considered the ‘compounding pharmacist’ as well as the ‘dispensing pharmacist’, and is responsible for dispensing, compounding, recording of the patient on the compounded medicine. See Pharmacy Board Compounding FAQ.
- As the Partner Pharmacy, you must follow the Pharmacy Boards guidance on indirect supply contained in the Guidelines for dispensing of medicines must also be adhered to.
- Patient Counselling is the responsibility of the final pharmacist, ie Pharmacist on duty in the store, when the compound is being handed. NCC supplies a range of studies and CMI’s. please visit customcompounding.com.au/patient-information
- All original, physical prescriptions must be sent to National Custom Compounding within 7 days of transmitting the order. Repeats can be returned to Pharmacy when requested. Reply Paid 86714, Merrimac QLD 4226.
- The Compounding dispense label must remain on the patient product. Your pharmacy may also store a record in the local system. See Pharmacy Board Guidelines.
- The pricing on the Compounding dispense label is the final patient price.
- The online ordering portal (customcompounding.com.au) is the only guaranteed method of transmitting orders. The system ensures product tracking, status update & history.
- Compounded Medicine quotes can be made online at com.au/quote
- All compounded patient orders will be placed on your pharmacy account and payment is due 14 days after the end of month.
- The official patient tax receipt will be supplied inside the bag with the compounded medicine. Please email us if you require another copy.
- The 24 hour compounding guarantee is only applicable for items listed at the front of the price list. This excludes courier time to pharmacies, prescription validity issues, out of stock etc.
Benefits of Partner Program
- New Customer acquisition
- Additional product sales opportunity with Vitamins, Health & Well-being categories.
- Additional service to add to your Professional Service offer.
- Ability to strength existing (and develop new) Practitioner and Doctor relationships.
- A growing, professional service fee paid to pharmacy based on patient script cost.
- Increase profit opportunity & ability to recover lost margin from PBS price reductions.
Online Order Portal
National Custom Compounding has developed an exclusive portal which connects the pharmacy, patient and our compounding service together.
This online portal enables your pharmacy to efficiently managing the patient compounding process, check on the status of the order and receive tracking information once the parcel is sent. The system also allows SMS message to your patients, to keep them in the loop with collection of their compounds.
- Trace-ability of ordered compounding medicine
- Pricing visibility
- SMS Communication platform between Pharmacy and Patient
- Patient Order history